Welcome To Candle Scoop – An exclusive candle-loving community like no other. While Candle Scoop is new, we are the same crew behind the site Candlefind, which has been around since 2003. If you are as passionate and obsessed with candles as much as we are, you will want to be a part of The Scoop. This site is a great place to learn more about scented candles and wax melts, and to help get you started on your journey should you want to make some of your own. We include a lot of information on this site, so we’ve crafted this page to help give you some direction.
Our Recommended Starting Points:
- If you are looking for the notes of a specific candle: Scent List Library
- If you are wanting to save some money on wax: Events
- If you want a brief run-down of what’s happening on Candle Scoop: Weekly Scoop
- If you want to stay on top of openings & preorder sales: Events
- If you want to know how to make candles or wax melts: Candle Making Resources
- If you want some free resources, like our very own Candle Collector Toolkit: Free Resources
- If you have more questions about our site: FAQ
Commonly Used Abbreviations/Terms:
- B&BW: Bath & Body Works
- BOGO: Buy one, get one. This typically means if you purchase one product, you will receive another product free. We modify this abbreviation if there is any other meaning for this term. For example, we use BOGO50 to mean that if you purchase one product, you will get the next product for 50% off.
- Cold Throw: How fragrant a candle or wax melt is before the wax is warmed.
- Cure/Curing: The amount of time that needs to pass between a freshly poured candle or wax melt and when it is used to allow for the best scent throw. There is varying opinions about curing or the length of time necessary. At Candle Scoop, we believe in curing all wax other than pure paraffin, generally allowing 2 weeks.
- Customs: This is a term most often used when dealing with indie wax. This refers to making an order specific to the customers request, which can include specific scents and types of products. Ordering customs generally increases the expected TAT.
- Hot Throw: How fragrant a candle or wax melt is once the wax is warmed.
- Indie Wax: This is wax created by the smallest of the small owned businesses. Typically, these are owned and run by one or two people, and they tend to sell on a much smaller scale. Examples of indie wax companies are Dessa’s Homespun Scents, Sniff My Tarts, and Glitterati.
- Luxury Candles: This term means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. For the purposes of our site, we consider a luxury candle to be one that typically costs $2 per ounce or more.
- Open/Close Model: Some companies will open for business for a period of time until capacity is reached or up until a specified date and time, after which time they will close for new orders. This is primarily meant to keep turn-around-time under a reasonable limit. This practice is mostly seen with indie wax vendors.
- Preorders: This refers to a type of sale when a company opens and allows for orders to be taken ahead of production. Preorder sales are often time-limited and/or limited to specific scents and types of products.
- Ready To Ship: Most often used in reference to indie wax, this refers to products that are already made and are available for shipping as soon as the order is placed. This cuts down on the expected TAT.
- Retail Wax: This refers to companies that are mass produced, no matter on what scale. Examples of retail wax companies are Yankee Candle, ScentSationals, and Goose Creek Candles.
- TAT: Turn-Around-Time
- Turn Around Time: The length of time it takes you to receive your order from the time you placed it to the time it is shipped to you.
- YC: Yankee Candle
Candle Scoop Subscription
While membership to Candle Scoop is always free, unlock all of our available resources with a Candle Scoop subscription! A subscription gains you full access to our growing Scent List Library, our curated list of social media wax-related links, more candle making resources, and exclusive chandler interviews. You are also able to fully view our Events calendar with sales and giveaways galore! We are offering introductory pricing through the rest of 2020 – signing up now grants you our grandfather promise* and locks you in at the current rate! Signing up is easy – click here to subscribe!
Not ready for a full subscription? Sign up for our newsletter to get a bit of Candle Scoop fix! It is super fast and easy, and you can unsubscribe at any time. (We hope you don’t, though!)
* Our grandfather promise applies to new subscriptions from opening day up until November 30, 2020. As long as there is no lapse in membership, your membership rate will not change during the scheduled update on January 1, 2021. The grandfather promise does not apply to future increases beyond 2021, if required.
Ask Me A Question
Thank you so much for being here! We really appreciate the time you’ve given us and hope you come back soon.
Need more information? Use the contact form below.